CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

It was a very nice day today topped off by a delicious Spaghetti and Meatball dinner prepared by Katie. AJ's family and Grandma Brown came over. Dallin had some fun playing around with Grandma's camera today took these pictures of the gang. His self-photo he called "Dallin in Cheesey-version". It was good to talk to Keith, Candice, Brenna, Mike and Nana today.
Lots of thoughts crossed my mind today as I pondered about mothers. From the time I was a little girl wanted to be a mother. I liked to play with dolls and dreamed about the day when I would have my own babies to take care of. My mom was a wonderful example to me. Watching her helped me to happily anticipate the day that I would be a mother. As a teenager I knew that I needed to take care of myself to give my future children the best possible advantage of health and happiness. I also knew that I would need to choose the best man to be their father. I found what I was looking for in Frank and I have not been disappointed.
All of my hopes and dreams have come true with the arrival of each of my five precious babies. They have brought me untold joy, taught me countless lessons, made me laugh, made me cry and have given me hope for the future. I know that they will improve the good things that we have given them and make an even better life for their children.
Grandchildren are the frosting on the cake and bring an exquisite kind of joy as I watch my babies grow up to lovely care for their babies.
It has been a very happy Mother's day. Thank you, dear children, for all you have given me. Love, Mom/Grandma

1 comments:

Candice@The Fellas and I said...

Wow, you've been a busy little blogger. Thanks for keeping us all updated. I hope you had a great Mumsies days. I hope you get our gift soon. Your post reminded me of something funny. Didn't you want a midget when you were a kid as a pet/living doll? For some reason I remember you telling me that. Anyway, hope all is well, we miss you.