CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 28, 2008

The first quilt on my new frames!

The first quilt is a tied Christmas blanket. I am looking forward to wrapping up with a grandkid or two next season and reading some Christmas story books. Mom/Nana was a good sport about giving quilting a try.
I think that I love quilting so much because it gives me a chance to create and connect with a age-old practice. I find it so relaxing. My absolute favorite thing to do is to get a book-on-tape and listen while I quilt.
Frank and I are really looking forward to quilting during our weekends in Randolph. I have the next few quilts all ready to go!! The beauty of these quilting frames and stands are that they are transportable, they kind of collapse into nice compact stacks that will fit into the car.
Some of the following quotes really capture my love for quilting:

  1. A day patched with quilting seldom unravels.

  2. A quilt is a treasure which follows its owner everywhere.

  3. Before Prozac, there was quilting.

  4. Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love.

  5. Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

  6. Cooking is for those who don't know how to quilt.

  7. I'd rather be stitchin' than in the kitchen!

Thank you, Frankie, for an absolutely perfect Christmas gift!!!

1 comments:

Candice@The Fellas and I said...

Looks nice, I'd like a quilt if you are taking orders.